INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS SUPPORT - The ANF has developed a dedicated professional IR service to include detailed manuals, annual wage updates, online webinars and day to day member issue support. Soon our IR Manual will be re-invented in bite sized online sections to make accessing this even easier. The ANF is driving sensible discussion around penalty rates and the impact on small business through our Penalty Rates Strategy.
GETTING HEARD BY GOVERNMENTS - The ANF's investment into policy over the last five years is paying continual dividends; where the ANF and the channel were previously regarded as insignificant, our solution-focused strategy now sees us regularly invited to contribute, design, develop and implement workable solutions for our retail and delivery members at local, state and federal levels.
ELECTION STRATEGIES - During the last two Federal Elections the ANF has had detailed strategies and prescription for cialis purchase policy requirements we support that have been communicated to the major parties.
UNFAIR CONTRACTS - The ANF has pushed hard to see Unfair Contracts legislation enacted through lobbying and submissions. Seeing this through in the next six months is important work.
IBIS WORLD REPORT - The ANF recognised that bank lending and risk rates were being worsened by being included with booksellers in IBIS world reports used by major lenders. We had this changed and we now have a separate report for our channel.
COMPETITION POLICY - The ANF provided detailed submissions to the first review of competition laws in 20 years. We were one of only a few industry bodies invited to meet one-on-one with the review panel to discuss our concerns.
REPRESENTATION & INFLUENCE - In recent times, the ANF has become more relevant to governments and regulators.
- The ANF was invited by Federal Small Business Minister, The Hon Bruce Billson to participate in a Special Competition Policy Roundtable.
- The ANF has been invited by the RBA to be the founding Association on a new card payment advisory council due to the work we did on payment costs and EFTPOS.
- The ANF was invited to provide scope for the recruitment and selection of the newly formed Small Business and buy generic viagra pack online Family Enterprise Ombudsman (SBFEO) that we pushed for in our election strategies.
- The ANF has been integral in moving towards a Small Business Commissioner being formed in each of the states, with the success of one state even forming a specific Newsagency Industry Dispute Resolution Code.
- The ANF holds an advisory seat with the Reserve Bank of Australia providing critical feedback on Regional and Industry Analysis in relation to monetary policy and the effect on our retail and distribution members.
- The ANF works closely with the head of Small Business at the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
- The ANF works very closely with the Australian Institute of Criminology to obtain and comprehend real data that affects retail and distribution newsagents across Australia.
- The ANF recently acquired ACCC reauthorisation that will be compounded by a strategic industry summit where all associations and key industry partners are able to forge leadership plans for our industry.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS - The ANF is continually working with newsagency industry suppliers to solve operational issues and ensure newsagents' interests are protected and businesses are able to operate efficiently.
WORK HEALTH & SAFETY (WH&S) SOLUTIONS - The ANF recognised early the tremendous burden on newsagents' businesses new WH&S regulations would create. We provided an award winning online platform for newsagents to manage this risk that is now included as part of your membership cost.
PROMOTING OUR CHANNEL - It is imperative that the newsagency channel is remembered and levitra online cheap well regarded by the community and to this end the ANF has launched numerous newsagency promotional campaigns such as 'Your newsagent. Weâ€™re here' and 'Vote for me' which have delivered over half a million of dollars worth of free promotion in publisher newspapers and magazines to our industry over recent years as well as tools to promote our channel in your store. The ANF national awards program recognises and rewards the high achievers in our industry and helps raise the standard across the channel.
EDUCATING SUPPLIERS AND GOVERNMENT - The ANF spends time with suppliers and governments getting them to understand the opportunities in our channel and what we already do other than newspapers and magazines. This is important work that is leading to more government licences and canadian viagra no prescription services being offered in newsagencies as well as new supplier products.
ANF commercial activity helps grow your business and reduce member fees
CONNECT - The ANF has not sat still as newsagents experience declines based on a dependence on newspaper and magazine revenue. We continually review new commercial activities that have potential to add to our member's bottom lines. The CONNECT parcel opportunity is one such opportunity that is a perfect fit for our channel and gives newsagents an essential growth link into the burgeoning digital economy.
WESTERN UNION - The ANF's main commercial activity helps subsidise 70% of membership costs and delivers over $3 million in commissions to the newsagency channel each and every year. Recently we attained higher commission per transaction for members and introduced 'Direct to Bank'.
BOSS REVOLUTION - Telecommunications is a natural fit for newsagents. The ANF introduced this exciting 'no stock' telco opportunity which provides for trailing commission indefinitely once a customer is signed up.
TRAINING - The ANF recognises we cannot win in business without great training. We are developing a learning management system (LMS) that will provide a blended approach to learning and ensure that you and your team can access a myriad of instantly implementable programmes that will see a direct return on investment. The blended approach allows for online learning, learning by webinar and where can i buy cialis face to face learning with the click of a button. In phase two, the LMS system brings to life your industrial relations tool kit providing you a proactive IR strategy for your business.
The ANF will continue to provide the support needed to ensure our unique channel prospers well into the future and welcomes any feedback from members.